Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Old Forums
05-01-2011, 06:46 AM
Old Forums
I will be putting a link to the old forums up, they will be in read only mode, new registrations are closed, previous logins will work but you can't do anything but get your old PM's.

If there is something from the old forums you want to save, you'll probably have about a year or less to do so before they are removed completely.

" if I was your pimp in England I'd say "you youthful lad wench stand forth here and now in the present and at such a state that you yourself are known to the masses as a receptacle for the byproducts of masculine erotic stimulation, sperm"
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-04-2011, 03:31 AM
RE: Old Forums
Wait so you will soon take it completely down for good on us? With losing what we have to look at of previous years of goodness? (Hope I am not sounding like a cry baby)
05-04-2011, 03:35 PM
(05-04-2011 03:31 AM)Sendo Eevpix Wrote:  Wait so you will soon take it completely down for good on us? With losing what we have to look at of previous years of goodness? (Hope I am not sounding like a cry baby)

Yes, correct, as the license for the software costs a significant amount of money to keep current, it will only be kept up for a short period of time.

" if I was your pimp in England I'd say "you youthful lad wench stand forth here and now in the present and at such a state that you yourself are known to the masses as a receptacle for the byproducts of masculine erotic stimulation, sperm"
05-07-2011, 06:36 AM (This post was last modified: 05-07-2011 06:37 AM by digitalfox.)
I'm guessing there's no way to export the posts, beyond writing some sort of page scraper... (Would it violate any rules/policies if I tried?)

The Internet Archive seems to have an incomplete copy of the forum, which is better than nothing. See http://replay.web.archive.org/2009020504...gfurs.com/ and http://web.archive.org/http://bigfurs.com/legacy/

To be or not to be, that is not your question.
Whether it is better to suffer myriad virus warnings, stricken with dire threats, or to be infected.
To crash, to delete, to BSoD.
Or 'tis nobler to expunge the evil, and install Ubuntu.
-- me
05-07-2011, 08:55 AM
If you'd like to discuss a scraper we can do that in private, its not impossible.

Before its asked though, I won't be providing any dumps of data myself Tongue I'd rather not deal with that.

05-07-2011, 09:30 PM
(05-04-2011 03:35 PM)Xipher Wrote:  
(05-04-2011 03:31 AM)Sendo Eevpix Wrote:  Wait so you will soon take it completely down for good on us? With losing what we have to look at of previous years of goodness? (Hope I am not sounding like a cry baby)

Yes, correct, as the license for the software costs a significant amount of money to keep current, it will only be kept up for a short period of time.

Well I guess that is more than reasonable.

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)