Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Big Movie Thoughts!

Didn't see one of these so I guess I have to make one!

This is a thread to discuss our thoughts about movies, past and upcoming, that feature size differences or size changing characters. Anything from "Honey, I Shrunk The Kids" to "Avatar".

Set, and... Go!
New movie coming out in the next 2 weeks, Marvel's "The Avengers". So excited I am, been waiting for this for almost 2 years. However...
Am I the only one put off by their exclusion of prominent founding avenger Ant-Man? And by association, his girlfriend/wife/ex Wasp? Who aside from being all kinds of sexy, is responsible for coining the teams very name, "Avengers"? There are good reasons for this, I know, but it still sucks every kind of candy in the store that they went ahead without them.

The reasons all boil down to two words: Time, and Castle.

Also, anyone else aware that filming just completed last month for the upcoming film, "Attack of the 50 foot Cheerleader"?

you know which size changing film was a dissapointment for me? 'honey, i shrunk ourselves'. i mean talk about going from great to terrible. the story was horrible, the effects were crap and there was only one or two good scenes through out the entire film XP. it was more like 'honey, i got to lazy to put any effort into this film'. whose with me?

There's a Rampage ( as in the old video game from the 1980's ) movie in the works
If they do it ALA ghost-busters it should be great fun to watch & whatnot
I hear they want to do it ALA independence day, which I think won't work at all
Problem is that Hollywood seems to think you have to make these films way serious like
This is why the U.S. Godzilla was a huge fail bomb, they seemed far too serious in it
You have to do these things as over the top as you can as it's pure pop-corn flix
Not 'posta be Shakespeare yanno, hopefully the new U.S. Godzilla film will learn from the fail bomb
We shall see, eh ?

Anyone heard of the Bollywood film "Endhiran"?

Supposed to be the highest grossing Indian film ever. Some story about a robot designed for good being corrupted and used to do evil. Anyway's...

SPOILERS:

Robot builds an army of copies of himself. Then they start to link together to make larger constructs, all of which are ridiculous, until the last one. They form a large humanoid construct, somewhere in the area of 100+ feet tall, and use it to chase an armored car. Most of the shots in this scene look obviously CG, yet others look so uber-realistic it gave me shivers. Good shivers.

Clips of it can be found on youtube.
"Attack of the 50 foot Cheerleader" is the latest in a lineup of Roger Corman B movies, which includes many brainmelting titles such as "Mega Shark vs Crocosaurus", "Mega Shark vs Giant Octopus" and "Sharktopus".

What sets AOT50FtCheerleader apart from these (hopefully), is its rather sexier premise, and it marks Roger Corman's first tentative steps into 3D. Which I HOPE means it will receive a limited release in some theaters, but odds are its going to be an Epix Channel exclusive. I doubt I'll have a 3D TV by august.
[Image: attack-of-the-50ft-cheerleader-movie-pos...744137.jpg]
(04-25-2012, 01:12 AM)zerosonicdrive Wrote:  you know which size changing film was a dissapointment for me? 'honey, i shrunk ourselves'. i mean talk about going from great to terrible. the story was horrible, the effects were crap and there was only one or two good scenes through out the entire film XP. it was more like 'honey, i got to lazy to put any effort into this film'. whose with me?

I'm with you there. The scene with Allison Mack and Mila Kunis almost eating the Szalinski brothers was one of those 2 good scenes. The other I'd guess... When the wives walked into the attic? I didn't like that scene because to me it just rubbed in the fact that Marcia Strassman didn't return for this film :dodgy:.

Did you know that HIStheKids1 was Joe (director of Captain America) Johnston's first film direction?