BigFurs.com - A Macrophile Community: Grander Fantasies Downtime - BigFurs.com - A Macrophile Community

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Grander Fantasies Downtime FurNation hack

#1 User is offline   Malcolm the Bear

• Oh, I can have a custom title now?
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Mature Members

Posted 24 March 2008 - 08:34 AM

The macrofurry/megafurry site run by Slothpuck and myself, Grander Fantasies, is currently down due to the host server, FurNation, having been hacked the other day. Whoever hacked FurNation managed to delete ALL their hosted websites, and the admin team for FurNation has been working diligently these past several hours to restore as much of what was lost as they can.

I have nearly all the appropriate files for Grander Fantasies (HTML pages and auxiliary files) stored on hard drives here, so if FurNation lost the site for good, it will still be able to be restored as soon as I'm able. I've been meaning to update the site a bit, anyway, so I may go ahead and do that shortly after restoration. I'll post here again once restoration is complete.

This is a serious blow to a lot of people, especially those who didn't back up their FurNation-hosted sites' pages and files onto their own systems. It happens to the best of us, but sometimes new and better things can come from the unexpected destruction of what was old and cherished. I can only hope that this was an isolated incident, and that the intent behind the hack wasn't maliciously directed at the Furry community; I can also hope that they somehow find who hacked this site. Goodness knows that the admins for FurNation have gone through enough grief, such as with the SecondLife scandal that happened a little over a year ago.
The meaning of life is 'bucket.'

#2 User is offline   sirrinose

• HEvy Jazz METAL!
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 24 March 2008 - 03:22 PM

gwah. I was wondering why my fa pages were down. I'm kinda glad i don't have a hosted website now. Although i didn't know FA /hosted/ webpages.
"education makes a people easy to lead, but difficult to drive; easy to govern but impossible to enslave."
-Lord Brougham-

"Become Thyself."
-Nietzche-

"But it does move."
-galileo-

Posted Image

#3 User is offline   Malcolm the Bear

• Oh, I can have a custom title now?

Posted 24 March 2008 - 06:23 PM

FurAffinity doesn't host webpages, as far as I know. FurNation does. FurAffinity, coincidentally, had its own issues today with server backups and a malfunction of MySQL, but it seems to be sorted out now.
The meaning of life is 'bucket.'

#4 User is offline   sirrinose

• HEvy Jazz METAL!
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 25 March 2008 - 11:41 AM

see I'm a genious like that XD
"education makes a people easy to lead, but difficult to drive; easy to govern but impossible to enslave."
-Lord Brougham-

"Become Thyself."
-Nietzche-

"But it does move."
-galileo-

Posted Image

#5 User is offline   Xipher

• Full of internets!
  • View gallery
  • Group: Admin

Posted 25 March 2008 - 01:05 PM

Ouch.... read the news on their site, things don't look good for recovery... *backups* very, very importuned! It takes catastrophe before many people realize it. We try to keep the bigfurs server's files within *24hr* on backup, everyone should!

Posted Image
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
" if I was your pimp in England I'd say "you youthful lad wench stand forth here and now in the present and at such a state that you yourself are known to the masses as a receptacle for the byproducts of masculine erotic stimulation, sperm" "

#6 User is offline   sirrinose

• HEvy Jazz METAL!
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 25 March 2008 - 01:19 PM

I have no clue what i'm looking at... o.o;
-Lord Brougham-

"Become Thyself."
-Nietzche-

"But it does move."
-galileo-

Posted Image

#7 User is offline   Woulfe

• I can see for miles and miles and miles and miles and miles and
  • View gallery

Posted 27 March 2008 - 08:12 AM

SO that's why my homepage didn't come up these past few days.

I thought my brower was FUBARed.

Granted IE is FUBARed in other ways ;)

I normaly switch to Flock or one of the others when I see my site not showing up in IE.

- W -
* Hope they get it working again *

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic