Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IRC Chat Privacy
03-16-2017, 07:42 AM
IRC Chat Privacy
So when I join the chat it shows some information about location, but I see that it doesn't happen for everyone. I saw something about using SSL for privacy, but I don't even know what that is. I don't really have any experience with IRC.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-21-2017, 03:43 PM
RE: IRC Chat Privacy
Howdy!

Sorry, Google incorrectly blacklisted the CA we used ahead of their original December deadline, a new certificate has been issued and the issue should be resolved now.

" if I was your pimp in England I'd say "you youthful lad wench stand forth here and now in the present and at such a state that you yourself are known to the masses as a receptacle for the byproducts of masculine erotic stimulation, sperm"
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-24-2017, 01:03 AM
Maybe this is me having very little knowledge of IRC happening here, but it's still showing the same info as far as I tell.
04-04-2017, 12:05 PM
(03-24-2017 01:03 AM)SnowyWolfGhost Wrote:  Maybe this is me having very little knowledge of IRC happening here, but it's still showing the same info as far as I tell.

Can you show me a screenshot of the issue you are having?

" if I was your pimp in England I'd say "you youthful lad wench stand forth here and now in the present and at such a state that you yourself are known to the masses as a receptacle for the byproducts of masculine erotic stimulation, sperm"
04-17-2017, 07:16 AM
Sorry I took so long to respond I've been busy with finals and haven't had the chance to get on here.

Here is screenshot of it: http://i68.tinypic.com/i3z9xs.png
The line with the red arrow pointing to it and stuff scribbled out is what I'm referring to. The part I obscured had my city and state, and possibly other private information there.

I remember seeing other people get on and it wouldn't do that for them. It also shows whenever I join any channel.
06-17-2017, 02:43 PM
Sorry for the long pause on response myself.

The information you see there is the reverse DNS entry for the connection you are using, this can include information such as your state or city depending on how your ISP or transit provider has decided to tag your address block.

This information cannot be seen by other users, its obfuscated, you see the deobfuscated version of the same information since its your own connection.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)