Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Big Fox On Campus - sketch version
07-04-2012, 01:32 PM (This post was last modified: 07-11-2012 11:41 AM by digitalfox.)
Big Fox On Campus - sketch version
Yay, first art post!

Here's a sketch from the story I'm working on with help from three close friends (75 pages written so far)...

Quick synopsis of relevant bits from story:
  • Darius (the fox) got teleported to earth from another dimension (and other planet). He's roughly 400 ft tall according to our measuring units, and more of a "gentle giant," not desiring to hurt anyone, although accidental damage does happen Wink
  • The story originally started from frustration with lots of homework, etc, so our school campus had to go, one way or another. This is what I suggested to my (non-furry) friends, and surprisingly they accepted it (the actual story ideas came later). Basically, the teleporter accidentally placed Darius 50-100 ft into the air above our school, so when the teleportation finished, he landed feet first onto the main high school building, tripped on a parked truck, and wiped out the rest of the school buildings when he fell over.
  • To scale anything from our size to his, multiply it by 68.965517241. For a quick approximation, a human is roughly an inch tall to him.

I'm not ready to post the story yet, so here's a few hints: It involves Aperture Science (from Portal / Portal 2), a nefarious government plot to take over the world through the education system, a gravy-loving evil genius (this one is true, minus the evil part), a zombie apocalypse (in both dimensions), and the ending of the world with the unicorn of doom and its horn of justice. And while I wrote it for a non-furry audience, there are several sections highly relevant to the macrofur community Tongue

The not-so fine print:
This sketch is licensed as Creative Commons Public Domain - CC0. In short, you can do anything you want. If someone wants the original MyPaint file with layers and earlier sketches, I can add it as another attachment. I'll be coloring this in Inkscape in a style similar to my avatar, and I'll post the .svg licensed CC0 as well.

Edit: (Jul. 10, 2012) Updated image - redrew eyes and tweaked face based on recommendations from an artist friend.

To be or not to be, that is not your question.
Whether it is better to suffer myriad virus warnings, stricken with dire threats, or to be infected.
To crash, to delete, to BSoD.
Or 'tis nobler to expunge the evil, and install Ubuntu.
-- me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)